A laminate floor is a great way to add beauty and warmth to your home while not exceeding the family budget. The 21st century laminate floor offers an active family a low cost, low maintenance, durable, and beautiful way to decorate their home and enhance their lifestyle. Installation cost is also generally lower because laminate floors can be laid directly over many existing surfaces.
Laminate floors began to migrate from Europe 25 or 30 years ago primarily because of their low cost and ease of installation. The original product was durable and cost effective, but not necessarily a high quality simulation of real wood, tile, or stone.
Today, laminate floor manufacturers take advantage of dramatic technical advances to produce life-like wood, tile and stone designs. In many cases you cannot tell the difference between a laminate and the real thing without close inspection.
Although very durable, laminate floors are not impervious to dulling and wear. Some simple tips for keeping your floor looking new are:
- Frequently sweep or vacuum to remove dirt and grit.
- Place mats at outside doors to catch dirt, grit, and oil.
- Place protectors under all furniture. Lift; do not slide furniture when moving.
- Keep your pets nails trimmed.
- Never wax your floor.
- Mop occasionally-avoid excessive water on you floor.
- Only clean or remove spots with manufacturer approved products.